Last Updated on May 25, 2018.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Third Parties
- Controlling Your Personal Data
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- Contact Information
- California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, contact you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- Account Information: If you create an account, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your email address, username, and other information you may provide with your account. We may publicly display your username. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by flagging it.
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your game logs. Your account profile is also intended for public consumption, as is some of your other activity through the Service, like your uploaded game logs. You can limit the public nature of some of these activities through your account settings. In accordance with Blizzard’s User Agreement , characters, character names, character data, virtual items, character profile information are owned by the game company or its licensors. This information is not protected as personal information, and may be displayed on the site.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from us. You can manage some of your messaging preferences through your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from us. For example, if you request a password reset, we may send you messages about your transaction using the contact information you provide. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment information (such as a credit card number and expiration date), as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the "Location Services" settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
- Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or desktop computer) and different platforms (e.g., the Warcraft Logs website or Warcraft Logs desktop app). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one Warcraft Logs platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other Warcraft Logs platforms.
|Processes||Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to send push notifications to your phone.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. We use Google Analytics for this support.|
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
Common ID Cookie
Advertising Privacy Settings
FOR EU USERS ONLY: When you use our site, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. You may revisit or change consent-choices at any time by clicking here.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; or (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- Links: The Service may link to third party services, like another site’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
- Third Party Accounts: If you sign up for, or log into, Warcraft Logs using a third party service (e.g., BattleNet for WoW), we may receive information about you from such third party service.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
RPGLogs, Attn: Data Privacy Manager
1301 Fannin St #2440
Houston, TX 77002
10. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at the address listed above in Section 8.